Our SuperMuso Family
SuperMuso was founded by Deon and Elizna Stassen, who live in Centurion with their 4 SuperMuso kids.
Every one of us plays at least one instrument.
Together, we share a passion for music and ministry.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Music (UP)
* Creative Ministry Major
* Colourstrings Kindergarten
* Musician and performer since 1995
* Songwriter and composer
* Vocalist and session pianist
* Passionate Entrepreneur
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
* Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management
* UNISA Music Theory
* Musician and performer since 1989
* Played on commercially released albums since 2001.
* Plays 5 musical instruments.
* Recording engineer and song arranger.
* Ph.D (Doctorate in Music Education)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Law
* Bachelor’s Degree in Theology
* SA Music Institute Lecturer since 2005
* Endorsements from:
- Music Man
- Vintage guitars
- Hughes and Kettner Amps
- Dean Markley
* Session and Live guitarist for:
- International artist Jeff Fenholt (Ex Black Sabath) SA Tour 1991
- International artist Rick Cua (Ex Boston) SA Tour 1992
- International artist Point of Grace (Nashville) SA Tour 2014
- Riana Nel 2002-2005, Dozi live 2000 – present, Danie Botha 2010 – 2012, and others
- Blue House 2002 – 2009, Unisong 1990 – 2000
- Onbeskaamd (FOH engineer), Legends Alive (Wendy Oldfield)
- Nobody’s Fool 1998 – 2000
- SA Guitar and Keys magazine (Columnist)
- Root note permutations for guitar (Author)
* Television experience:
- Sabc 2 1990 (guitar lessons for two seasons)
- Jingles ABSA bank
- Keep South Africa beautiful
- Urban Brew Studios
- Channel O (producer for various African music artists)
* Currently completing Master’s Degree in Music (UP)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Music (UP)
* Passed UNISA and ABRSM Grade 8 with distinction
* Currently a member of the Gauteng Philharmonic orchestra (GPO)
* Ad-hoc musician for the Johannesburg Philharmonic orchestra (JPO)
* Appeared on UNISA’s Roll of Honour
* Invited to participate in the UNISA South African Grade 8 Scholarship competition in 2016.
* Overall Winner of the Strings at the Pretoria Eisteddfod from 2011- 2014
* Winner of Category F in 2018 at the Philip H Moore music competition.
* As 2nd violinist of Serendipity quartet, won the open category of the SASMT Pretoria Ensemble Competition in 2017.
* Concertmaster and soloist of the Simfonia Juventi Youth Orchestra in 2014,
* Concertmaster of the University of Pretoria Symphony Orchestra (UPSO) since 2016.
I love coaching students to entertain an audience and have a stage presence.
It is important for me to have my students master microphone techniques and to have a practical understanding of professional sound setups.
I enjoy teaching vocal techniques, breath- and pitch control encompassing various musical genres.
Develop your musical ear and confidence level!
* Trinity Performance Certificate
* Trinity Pop Rock – Grade 8
* Trinity Musical Theater – Grade 7
* Trinity Opera – Grade 6
* Trinity Music Theory – Grade 5
* Stage and Vocals experience since 1999;
* Full-time Vocal Coach since 2006;
* Various professional albums released with own compositions, including music videos on Youtube;
* Performed with many big names in the industry;
* Winner in various competitions;
* Passionate songwriter and composer for artists and is involved with vocal and harmonic recordings as session vocalist.